Sunday 25 March, 2012

Running Shoes

I have started running quit recently. There is a lot to running if you want to understand how yet its as simple as just getting out and start running.

I had a pair of Nike which i started running in. I thought these were quite a pair of shoes that I had and had bought them UK in a Sale.

Till the last weekend, my shoe shopping was quite simple. Go to a multi brand shoe shop, see the shoes on the wall, see the shoes at the sale. Get the one I like in my size (Size 10UK, 11 US) and done with it.

Only after i started running and then hurt myself running, I realised that I need a pair of running shoes. So the search (read re-search) started onilne, as it does always for anything I buy. I realised, buying running should seems a little different than my earlier routine. Learnt a lot of words - mid foot, heel strike, pronation, supination, minimalistic!

I realised that even for a amature runner like me, i need to know what kind of gait I have and need to buy shoes accordinly. Reached a runningn speciality shop near my house on a saturday morning.

Their they examied my gait and i was declared -Neutral. That means I had normal arches and I have none to little pronation. Now I have been told I am one of those lucky people that have a choice of shoes to go for. I realised there are completely different types of shoes companies that make shoes. This time the wall had shoes that i had never seen before.

Sucony, Brooks and New balance make Running Only shoes, while Nike and Adidas were also part of the wall. The Puma, Reeboks were no where to be seen. The sales person showed me New Balance, Adidas and Brooks. I liked the Brooks better becase of the cushion and Fit.

Finally bought the Brooks Ghost 4 Size 12! Breaking in the shoes now. Lets see how i feel running in them.

The simple running is not as simple anymore!

No comments: